We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Chocolate traybakes
*Warning to young consumers* These brownies contain butter beans which are good for you! Don't worry too much though they still have two other important ingredients...sugar and chocolate. Do you need gluten free treats? these are the answer and they are simple to make!! What more could you ask for in a treat?
38 people made this
- Wet ingredients
- 1 (400g) tin butter beans, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Dry ingredients
- 8 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 150g ground hazelnuts or ground almonds
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- icing sugar (optional)
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas 2. Grease and line a slice tin.
- Blend wet ingredients together and mix well into dry ingredients.
- Pour into lined slice tin. Bake in preheated ovwn for 25-30 mins.
- Let cool in pan before slicing. Dust squares with icing sugar
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(17)
Reviews in English (20)
I'm not gluten free but thought I'd give this ago anyway. I'm glad I did. It is very nice nutty chocolate tasty, very rich, but slightly healthier than normal brownies. My four year old grandchild liked it too. However, the end product crumbled a LOT, and couldn't really be sliced and cooking took slightly longer (probably because I used a loaf tin, as I didn't know what a sliced tin was). Would certainly make asgain-23 Jun 2015
This made a lovely moist cake with a good flavour while the almonds gave it a wonderful nutty texture. My only small complaint would be that it was a little heavy and crumbly.-17 Sep 2014
The brownies cooked but the cocoa tasted raw - perhaps used too much? Doesn't say level tablespoons but guess that's what is meant? I might make again with less cocoa.-05 May 2018