Ingredients for Making Pickled Anchovies
- Anchovies 500 gr.
- Lemon 1 pc.
- Apple Vinegar 5 tablespoons
- Balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon
- 1 clove garlic
- Chili pepper 0.5 pcs.
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Parsley 1 bunch
- Thyme Greens 1 bunch
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
Cutting board, Kitchen knife, Bowl, Glass jar, Serving plate
Cooking Pickled Anchovies:
Step 1: Cut the fish.The first step is to thaw the anchovies at room temperature. Then we cut off their heads and thoroughly, but gently clean from the inside and pull out the ridge (it should be fed very easily, because the fish is small).
Step 2: We are preparing refueling.In a shallow bowl, mix salt, sugar, wine and apple vinegar with lemon juice. Mix everything well.
Step 3: Pickle the anchovies.We shift the anchovies into a bowl and pour them with the cooked marinade. And let them stand in this form for about 40 minutes. Then we rinse them slightly under cold running water and transfer them to a jar (glass). Add finely chopped garlic, chili pepper (also chopped) and parsley and thyme greens (finely chopped). Fill everything with olive oil, cover with a lid and let stand in this form for about 2 hours.
Step 4: Serve the pickled anchovies.
We transfer ready anchovies to a serving dish and serve along with fried potatoes.
Enjoy your meal!
- From the specified number of ingredients, 1 jar of anchovies is obtained.
- You can marinate anchovies in a spicy marinade, just increase the amount of garlic and chili pepper for this.
- If desired, chili peppers can not be added to the marinade.