Ingredients for making salted watermelons
Ingredients for Making Salted Watermelons:
- Ripe medium-sized watermelon 10 kilograms
For brine (based on 1 liter of water):
- Water 1 liter
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Black peppercorns to taste
- Currant leaves to taste
- Sweet cherry leaves to taste
- Garlic to taste
- Horseradish leaves to taste
- Laurel leaves to taste
- Vinegar 9% 50-70 milliliters
- Dill inflorescence to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 3 servings
Three liter sterilized glass jars - 3 pieces, Sterilized can lids, Tin can, Two large pots, Deep bowl, Cutting board, Knife, Two woolen blankets, Kitchen cloth gloves, Kitchen paper towels, Kitchen stove, Tablespoon, Scoop, Kitchen table
Cooking salted watermelons:
Step 1: prepare the watermelons.For salting, we are very attentive to the search for ripe watermelons! The ripe the berry, the juicier and tastier the conservation. Very large watermelons do not need to be selected, since watermelon slices should easily pass through the neck of a jar. So, thoroughly rinse the ingredient under running water. On a cutting board with a knife, cut the berries of the top of the crown right down to the pulp on both sides. Then cut the watermelon into circles and after - cut the circles into small pieces. Attention: no need to peel the bones and skins. Spread the chopped watermelon in a deep bowl.
Step 2: prepare the spices for preservation.Of course, one cannot argue with this that spices play an important role in the preparation of salted watermelons! Therefore, we well wash under running water the leaves of cherry, currant, horseradish and dill inflorescence. After - lay out the components on a kitchen paper towel so that excess water comes out of them. If you have not found these ingredients and you do not have, unfortunately, a summer residence or gardening neighbors, do not be discouraged! We have a whole collection of seasonings that will give Salty watermelons a pleasant aroma and taste. In another case, note: for each jar there will be enough 3-5 leaves.
Step 3: prepare the garlic.
Step 4: prepare the brine.Pour water into a clean large pot and put on a large fire. Attention: it is impossible to calculate the exact amount of brine, as this depends on the juiciness of the watermelons and the size of the cans. Therefore, it is better to make this liquid larger than then waste your time preparing it again! So, when the water boils, make a medium heat and add salt and sugar to the container. We mix everything well with a tablespoon until all the components of the brine are completely dissolved.
Step 5: Cooking Salted Watermelons
Step 6: serve the salted watermelons.In general, such a tasty preservation is already ready in a week. She has enough of this time to salty, especially in the hot season. Therefore, if you cannot tolerate enjoying your work of art, you can open one jar for tasting. Good appetite!
- - Recently, a lot of fertilizer has been added to watermelons so that they mature beautiful and large in size. But this, unfortunately, adversely affects the conservation itself. Therefore, in order to avoid a possible explosion of cans, we soak a whole watermelon before cutting it into pieces in water for 30-50 minutes.
- - For brine, be sure to take coarse and non-iodized salt, because of this, conservation can also explode.
- - When chopping a watermelon, try to cut it into pieces of the same size, as they should be cooked evenly.
- - Store sterilized jars and caps in a clean place so that they do not come into contact with other objects, and be sure to place them upside down so that no objects or insects get into the container.