We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Cooking Beef Stew
- Beef 400 grams
- Bacon 5 slices
- Turnip (medium size) 3 pieces
- Broth (beef or mushroom) 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms 2 handfuls
- Carrot (medium size) 3 pieces
- Bow 1 head
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Dark beer (or red wine) 0.33 liters
- Dried thyme 1/4 teaspoon
- Dried Rosemary 1/4 teaspoon
- Bay leaf 1 leaf
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Flour 2 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Saucepan, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Sharp knife, Frying pan, Wooden spatula, Roasting pan, Foil, Stove
Cooking Beef Stew:
Step 1: Prepare the mushrooms.Mushrooms need to be thoroughly washed, then placed in a pan and pour water, bring them to a boil, then cook, about five minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave for 40 minutes. After that, rinse the mushrooms again and strain the broth. By the way, the broth left over from the mushrooms can be used in this recipe.
Step 2: Cook the bacon.
Step 3: Prepare the meat.Rinse beef under water, dry with paper towels and cut into medium-sized cubes. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper. Then roll pieces of meat in flour. Preheat the pan with the remaining fat from the bacon and fry the pieces of meat on all sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Step 4: Cook the vegetables.Rinse all vegetables well under water. Then chop finely garlic. Cut the onion into large cubes. In bacon fat, fry the garlic and onions over medium heat, add thyme and rosemary, bring to a soft state. Cut the mushrooms into small slices and add them to the pan. Fry for about three minutes. Peel the turnips and cut them into cubes. Cut the carrots into large pieces.
Step 5: Cooking the Stew.Transfer the meat to a roasting pan, add the fried vegetables, then chopped carrots and turnips. Add bay leaf and mix thoroughly. Now take a beer or dry wine and fill the entire contents of the fryer. To completely cover the meat and vegetables, add mushroom or beef broth. Cover and place in a preheated oven to 170C, bake for about 2 hours.
Step 6: Serve the beef stew.Ready beef should be very soft and easily broken with a fork. Add the bacon to the finished beef stew and mix. You can serve the dish with any favorite side dish: rice, mashed potatoes, etc. Good appetite!
- - In order for the beef to be tender and soft, you need to cook it as long as possible, up to three hours.
- - From vegetables to beef stew you can use petiole celery, parsnip, swede and potatoes.
- - If you wish, you can also add zucchini to the stew, or eggplant, just keep in mind that they are cooked very quickly, so adding them is better at the very end.