Ingredients for Making Lenten Buns
- Flour 450 grams
- Dry yeast 1.5 tablespoons
- Water 250 milliliters
- Vegetable oil for dough lubrication
- Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Main Ingredients Yeast Dough, Sugar
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Oven, Baking tray, Tacks, Plates, Food plastic wrap, Knife, Tablespoon, Sieve, Whisk, Kitchen brush, Metal kitchen spatula
Cooking a lean bun:
Step 1: prepare the yeast.First, we heat the required amount of water to 35 - 37 degrees. Remember that it should not be too hot or cold, otherwise the yeast may simply not rise. Pour the desired amount of yeast into a separate container, add sugar and with constant stirring with a tablespoon, pour a glass of warm water. Leave the mixture in this state for 5 to 10 minutes, preferably in a warm place. Yeast should swell during this time.
Step 2: prepare the dough.
Step 3: form the buns.With the passage of the necessary time, remove the cling film from the container. The surface on which we will form buns, sprinkle with a small amount of sifted flour. After that, put the dough on the surface and knead again until a uniform smooth consistency. So that the dough does not stick to your hands, they can be greased with vegetable oil. Then we divide the dough with a knife into approximately equal sized pieces. And from each roll up balls of the desired size. The shape of the rolls in this recipe is not essential. Grease a baking tray with vegetable oil or cover it with baking paper. Next, put the test balls on a baking sheet, leaving a certain distance between them.
Step 4: bake the buns.Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, and let the test balls settle 10 to 15 minutes. Then grease each swollen ball with vegetable oil using a kitchen brush. After that, in the oven preheated to the desired temperature, remove the baking sheet with the dough and bake the buns for 25-30 minutes until ready. The readiness of the dish can be visually determined, if your pastry is covered with a delicious golden blush, then you can get the pan from the oven. To do this, we use kitchen tacks. Fragrant, hot buns are separated from the baking sheet with a metal spatula and spread on a large beautiful dish.
Step 5: serve the lean bun.Lean buns are served at room temperature with tea or sweet compote. You can supplement them with homemade jam or jam. Delicate pastry, delicious sun-like buns will certainly please your guests and loved ones. Enjoy your meal!
- - You can add your favorite dried fruits, such as raisins or dried apricots, as well as nuts, citrus shavings or cinnamon to the dough.
- - For the preparation of lush buns, you can use not only dry yeast, but also ordinary. They will need about 25 - 30 grams.
- - In order to make our pastries more flavorful, you can add vanilla extract or vanilla sugar to the dough.
- - From this test in the post you can cook not only buns, but also sweet cakes and pies.
- - Before baking rolls, you can sprinkle with poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
- - In order to correctly calculate the amount of flour, without kitchen scales, you can use a faceted glass. About 150 grams of flour is placed in it to the very edges.