Ingredients for making wholemeal bread
- Purified water 300-375 milliliters
- Dry yeast 1.5 teaspoons
- Salt 2 teaspoons
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Premium wheat flour 250 grams
- Coarse flour (rye) 350 grams
- Main Ingredients Flour, Yeast Dough
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Bowl - 2 pieces, Sieve, Tablespoon, Wooden spoon, Cloth towel or cling film, Baking tray - 2 pieces, Pastry brush, Kitchen tack, Toothpick, Wire rack, Plate
Making bread from wholemeal flour:
Step 1: prepare the flour.
Combine the two types of flour together in one container, and then sift through a sieve into a separate bowl to remove lumps. During this process, the flour is saturated with oxygen from the air, and this provides a more pleasant porous texture of the bread. For baking, we use both wheat and rye flour of the brand you have verified.
Step 2: prepare the dough.
In a bowl with sifted flour, add dry yeast, salt, sugar and pour the right amount of vegetable oil. Using a tablespoon, thoroughly mix everything until smooth, and then gradually pour warm (35 ° C-37 ° C) water. Using a wooden spoon, we begin to knead the mixture well until it becomes steep enough so that it can then be kneading with your hands.
After that, we shift the dough onto the kitchen table, crushed with flour, and begin to knead manually. It is very important to knead the dough from the edge to the center in a circle for 5-10 minutes. At the beginning of the batch, the test mass will stick to the hands, and will not become elastic, resilient and ductile. You can set the dough aside for a few minutes, and then begin to knead it again. Gradually, the test mass becomes smooth and uniform.
Then we shift the kneaded dough into a bowl and cover the container with a cloth towel or wrap it with cling film. Be sure to put the test mass in a warm place so that it fits. Attention: Do not put dough on a draft or on top of a preheated oven. Leave the dough for 1.5-2 hours aside, while not disturbing him.
During this time, the test mass should increase 2-3 times. After this time, remove the towel from the bowl and knead the dough. In this case, excess carbon dioxide will be removed from it.
We transfer the test mass to a table crushed by flour and form bread from it.
Step 3: prepare bread from wholemeal flour.
A baking sheet on which future bread will be baked, with a pastry brush, grease with vegetable oil. Attention: a bread baking dish can first be covered with cooking paper and sprinkled with flour. Then we transfer the test kolobok into this container and cover it again with a cloth towel. We leave the baking tray with bread in a warm place for 40-45 minuteslet it fit again. During this time, preheat the oven to a temperature of 200 ° C-250 ° C.
Attention: it is very important for baking bread to preheat the oven well and create steam in the oven. To do this, before we put the baking tray with bread in the oven, put a free baking tray with hot water on the very bottom of the oven. When the oven warms up well, with the help of the kitchen gloves we put the baking sheet in the oven to medium height. At such a high temperature with steam, bread should first bake approximately 20 minutes. It is very important not to open the oven door at this time. After this time, when the bread begins to brown slightly, we will slightly open the oven door and with the help of a pastry brush we grease the top of the loaf with salt water several times, before our eyes the crust will become more intense.
Attention: if you want the crust of future bread to become even thicker and drier, then grease it more often with salt water. In this case, the crust will be compacted, and the inside of the loaf will remain soft. After that, very carefully, so as not to scald, using kitchen tacks we take out a baking sheet with hot water, and leave the form with bread for 20-25 minutes while reducing the temperature in the oven 180 ° C. The readiness of bread can be determined by tapping your fingers on the crust. The sound should be muffled, boxed. But for complete confidence in the readiness of the bread, pierce it with a toothpick on its side.
If it stays dry, then our bread is ready. We turn off the oven and with the help of kitchen grippers we take out the loaf from the oven and be sure to shift it to the grate, otherwise the bottom of the bread will get wet. Loaf must stand and cool.
Step 4: Serve wholemeal bread.
“Bread is the head of everything,” says a proverb. And whole-wheat flour bread can rightfully be called a therapeutic product against diabetes and obesity, atherosclerosis and decreased stomach motility. How nice to treat your friends and relatives with your delicious loaf. We put the bread on a cutting board and use a kitchen knife to cut it into slices of medium thickness. Then put them on a plate and serve at the table for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Spread the aromatic bread slices with butter and put a piece of cheese with sausage on top - and you will get a very tasty sandwich.
- Rye flour has less gluten, and dough from such flour is difficult to knead. Therefore, to bake bread from wholemeal flour, it is always necessary to add rye flour and wheat flour, in which the percentage of gluten is much higher than rye flour.
- The crust on bread is achieved not only with salt water. If, before baking bread, a loaf is greased with milk or a beaten egg, then the bread will also acquire a beautiful golden brown crust.
- The dough can be divided into two small bread rolls, then the baking time will be reduced.
- If you like crisp, then do not cover the finished bread, after you took it out of the oven, with a towel. If you want your bread to not crumble during slicing, cover it with a damp towel and let it stand for a while.
- At your request, you can add dry spices to the dough, such as coriander, ground allspice or basil. As well as dry onions or garlic powder.
- If you add 1 teaspoon of chicory powder or extract to flour, then this spice will “ennoble” the aftertaste of whole grain flour and the bread will become much tastier.
- Bread can be baked not only in the oven, but also in the bread maker.