Ingredients for Making Vegetable Couscous
- Couscous 100 grams
- Carrots (small) 2 pieces
- Dried apricots 50 grams
- Parsnip root (medium size) 1 piece
- Frozen Peas 60 grams
- Onion (medium size) 1 onion
- Rutabaga (celery possible) ½ bunch
- Salt 1-2 pinch
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Cayenne pepper 1 pinch
- Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper (ground) 1 pinch
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Gourmet, Dried Apricots, Millet and Wheat
- Serving 2 servings
- World cuisine Moroccan cuisine
Inventory:Deep pan, Wooden spatula, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Bowl, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Saucepan, Cooker, Serving dish
Cooking Vegetable Couscous:
Step 1: Prepare the vegetables.Peel the onion, rinse under cold water, then cut into half rings. Grind vegetables and dried apricots into small pieces. Put all the ingredients in a separate container.
Step 2: Cook the vegetables.Heat a deep frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil, then chopped onions. Fry it by stirring with a wooden spatula until soft. Next, add chopped vegetables to it. Add spices and add salt to your liking. Add chopped dried apricots and frozen peas to vegetables, mix thoroughly and fry lightly on all sides on medium heat. Add 150 ml of clean drinking water and bring everything to a boil. Then reduce the heat to small and cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
Step 3: Cook the couscous.Take a saucepan, pour couscous into it and pour 200 ml of boiling water, leave it for a while so that the couscous swells a little. When the vegetables are cooked, use a fork to fluff the couscous, add a drop of oil, salt to your liking and about 10 minutes cook the cereal for a couple. Then put the finished cereal on a large serving dish, lay the vegetables on top and add a sprig of cilantro as a decoration.
Step 4: Serve the vegetable couscous.Vegetable couscous should be served immediately after it is ready. Serving couscous on a large platter, you follow the Moroccan tradition of serving. Moroccans usually eat couscous with their hands, they make small balls of cereals and vegetables with dexterous movements of one hand, but you can also eat with ordinary spoons. Good appetite!
- - Onions, you can replace the feathers of a green onion, this will not particularly affect the taste of the dish, and its appearance will make it even more attractive and appetizing.
- - By tradition, it is customary to drink couscous with kefir.
- - Ready vegetable couscous, you can put it on serving plates, the main thing is to follow the technology of laying out the dishes.