Ingredients for the preparation of lightly salted cucumbers for the winter
- Fresh cucumbers 5 kg
- Water 7 L
- Coarse salt (stone) 7 table. spoons
- Garlic 7-8 cloves
- Greens (dill, horseradish leaves, currants), 6 leaves
- Garlic 7 heads
- Greens (dill, currant leaves) 2-3 pcs. to the jar
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 8-12
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Enameled basin, Pots, Glass jars with lids, Seaming machine, Gauze, Towels, Tack, Skimmer
Cooking salted cucumbers for the winter:
Step 1: Prepare the cucumbers for pickling.Young cucumbers of medium size are best suited for salting - these are the best to insist and absorb the aroma of marinade. And try to pick vegetables so that they are about the same size - so that the pickling goes evenly. Salad cucumbers are not suitable for salting, so use them as intended - in salads. Not sure which cucumbers you grow? Focus on the following sign - pickles have pimples and lettuce ones are smooth. First you need to prepare the cucumbers - rinse thoroughly from dust and dirt, cut off the ends on both sides, then put them in a basin or other large container and pour cold water for 1-2 hours. Thanks to this, the finished salted cucumbers will be crispy.
Step 2: Add the cucumbers in a hot way.
Step 3: Prepare cans for seaming.
Step 4: We roll cucumbers for the winter.
Step 5: Remove rolled salted cucumbers for storage.After a day, we are convinced of the tightness of the packaging, and we remove the cans in the cellar or refrigerator before the onset of winter. You need to store the cucumbers in a cool place, and when you decide to try them, then after you open the jar, it is better to rinse the cucumbers in clean water to save them from plaque, and after that there is. Enjoy your meal!
- - You can add spices to the brine, but do not get carried away with them, so as not to interrupt the main taste of cucumbers.
- - The more you put horseradish, the cucumbers will be more crispy.
- - If you are afraid that the cucumbers will deteriorate, add to the jars before rolling the vinegar essence (per 1 teaspoon per 3-liter jar). Then for sure nothing threatens cucumbers.
- - Pickle for cucumbers should be cloudy. He also has to cover the cucumbers completely, so if part of it boils, and he is not enough for one of the cans, boil the water in the teapot and pour the cucumbers on it. But do not forget about salt.
- - If a white coating appears in the brine, this is not mold, but lactic acid. This is a natural preservative, which means cucumbers will be stored for a long time. Rinse off the raid is not necessary.